5 Tips for a Healthy Green Lawn All Summer Long
1. Aerate Your Lawn in Spring. This will allow nutrients and oxygen to Flow down to the grass roots with ease, creating stronger and deeper roots resulting in a stronger & healthier lawn less prone to dryness and diseases.
2. Over-Seed & Fertilize Regularly; Over-seeding every 3-4 weeks will help fill in patchy, bald areas and thicken your lawn. The thicker your grass is, the better it's able to withstand stress, heat and dryness, saving you time, money and a headache down the road.
3. Watering Daily ; Water is essential for a healthy green lawn. Watering your lawn properly is one of the most important tasks to maintain a beautiful lawn throughout the temperature changes in Ontario. Marco's Recommend watering your lawn daily, early morning is best to allow time for water to absorb. It is also important to note that you must water for roughly 10-15 minutes. Not enough water for your lawn will create shallow grass roots which may welcome unwanted problems for your lawn.
4. Don't cut grass too Short: Cutting grass too short will stress out your lawn, making it susceptible to diseases and weeds. Keep your grass at a length of 3-3.5" for best results. You should be able to set this height on your lawn mower.
5. Schedule your mowing: Mow on a regular schedule ; This will benefit not only the appearance of your lawn but will also save you from an overgrown lawn. waiting until your lawn is overgrown is not good for your lawns health. A healthy lawn should be cut every 7-10 days in the Oshawa/Whitby Region.